Products Warranty’s Terms & Conditions, Return, and Exchange Policy
Mayer Marketing Pte Ltd (“Mayer”) warrants to the original retail purchaser (a “consumer” or “you”) that its products are free from defects in material, design, or workmanship under ordinary domestic non-commercial use in accordance with Mayer's operating instructions for a period commencing from date of purchase to the end of the warranty period applicable to the product, subject to the following terms and conditions.
If you are a consumer, Mayer will, during the applicable warranty period, repair or replace, or failing which accept a return of and refund for, your Mayer products which are materially defective subject to the following conditions:-
- The product must have been purchased from Mayer directly or Mayer’s authorized dealers and retailers in Singapore.
- The product’s warranty must have been registered within 14 days of the date of purchase following the instructions at: https://www.mayer.sg/e-warranty/how-to-register-your-product.html.
- The consumer must return the product to Mayer together with valid proof of purchase from Mayer.
- The consumer must return the alleged defective product to Mayer in person or by recorded delivery (or an equivalent method of postage) of the product in adequately safe packaging to a Mayer service center.
- Mayer shall not be obliged to repair, replace or refund any product which is not accompanied by a valid proof of purchase. This warranty does not apply if the proof of purchase has been altered in any way or made illegible. Mayer reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if a proof of purchase is valid.
- When returning the product, the consumer must also return to Mayer all gifts, vouchers, and accessories associated with the purchase of the product.
- If a request for return and refund is initiated after the product has been delivered, the refund will exclude any delivery charges that the customer has paid in respect of the product.
- The warranty does not apply to, and the consumer is not entitled to any repair, replacement, or return & refund if the defect or poor functionality in the product is the result of:
- the failure to follow Mayer's operating instructions;
- using the wrong type of water, fluid, or consumable;
- mechanical damage or overloading beyond the specifications for the product;
- incorrect voltage or frequency used otherwise than in accordance with what is stipulated for the product or in the specifications;
- scaling (any de-scaling must be carried out according to the operating instructions);
- lightning, power surge, ingress of dust, insect, water, or other liquid into the product, any foreign object in the product, fire, flood, accident, negligence, misuse, or improper storage, packaging, handling, or operation of the product;
- any installation (other than a qualified installer), repair, alteration, or modification by any person other than Mayer or its authorized persons;
- ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing, or paintwork of the product.
- An inspection shall be carried out by Mayer to determine the cause(s) of the defect(s).
- The warranty does not apply to, and the consumer is not entitled to any repair, replacement, or return & refund, if:
- as regards refurbished products, the consumer was informed of the defect before purchasing the product;
- as regards refurbished products, the consumer examined the product before purchasing the product and the examination ought to reveal the defect;
- as regards refurbished products, the defect would have been apparent on a reasonable examination of the product sample;
- the consumer merely changes his or her mind about the purchase and there is no defect in the product;
- the consumer deems that the product did not suit a specific purpose he or she had in mind for it, but such a specific purpose is beyond all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied and had not been communicated to Mayer beforehand;
- the product was subject to non-domestic, industrial, or commercial use;
- the model and/or serial number on the product has been altered, removed, or made illegible;
- the thing that is sought to be repaired or replaced is a consumable.
- Consumers will be informed of any defects in any display or refurbished products prior to purchase. Mayer shall not be held responsible for any such defects of which customers have been so notified.
- A product that has been subject to any installation (other than a qualified installer), repair, alteration, or modification by any person other than Mayer or its authorized persons shall not be covered by warranty.
- If the product or a part or subassembly thereof is defective, Mayer may, at its option and absolute discretion, repair or replace it with an equivalent product, part, or subassembly.
- All parts and/or products that are replaced by Mayer shall become Mayer’s property.
- Any repair, service, and/or replacement by Mayer of any product does not extend or renew the applicable period of warranty, which will thereafter continue to apply only for its remaining period of warranty.
- Mayer will not be liable for any delay and/or failure to undertake and/or complete repair or service due to causes beyond Mayer’s reasonable control including the non-availability of parts.
Mayer's obligations in respect of the above-mentioned warranty are limited to the repair or replacement of defective products as outlined above. Except as set forth above, there are no other express or implied warranties. All warranties, conditions, or other terms implied by statute or common law (including any warranty of satisfactory quality merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Mayer's total liability for any damage or loss relating to or arising out of the purchase or use of any product, whether such damage or loss is claimed in contract or tort, shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the product.
In no event shall Mayer or its authorized dealers or retailers be liable for any punitive, special, incidental, indirect, or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation, damage for loss of revenue, business, profits, goodwill or contracts, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss), costs, expenses resulting from the purchase or use of any Mayer product, to the fullest extent permitted by law, whether or not Mayer has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
Stage 1: Repair or Replace
After the consumer has returned the product together with valid proof of purchase to Mayer, Mayer will require a reasonable time to diagnose the cause of the alleged defect in the product.
If Mayer reasonably determines that the warranty is applicable according to the terms and conditions set out herein, Mayer will offer to, without any cost to the consumer, repair the defective product or replace the defective product with the same type of product within a reasonable period of time and with minimal inconvenience to the customer.
Mayer is not obliged by law to offer or give a refund even if the consumer does not agree to a repair or replacement.
Stage 2: Partial or full refund
If Mayer reasonably deems that a repair or replacement is not reasonably possible or cannot be done within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer, the consumer may keep the defective product and receive a partial refund (based on the difference between the value of the product in a reasonable working condition and the value of the product in its faulty condition).
Alternatively, Mayer may advise the consumer to return the defective product and Mayer will then offer a full refund. The amount of the full refund will take into account the use that the consumer has had of the product and the product’s current condition resulting from the consumer's use. The appropriate rate of depreciation shall be applied and advised by Mayer accordingly. If Mayer reasonably determines that the product has never been used, Mayer may offer a full refund of the original purchase price. The time for processing a refund may vary and be subject to the relevant bank's or payment provider's processing time.
Time and Place of Service
Service will be available during our operation hours. Services may be provided on-site or at the location of Mayer's customer service center depending on the type of products and their respective warranty cover. It is at Mayer’s sole discretion whether to provide the service on or off-site.
Following service or inspection, products must be collected within three (3) months from the date of notification by Mayer. If any product remains uncollected after three (3) months, it shall be deemed that you have disposed of the product, and Mayer reserves the right to dispose of the products in a manner according to its discretion without giving prior notice to you.
Period of Warranty for the Respective Products Category
|Small Kitchen Appliances (i.e Air Fryer, Blender, Multi-Cooker, Table Top Oven, Stand Mixer, etc.)||1 Year|
|Built-in Kitchen Appliances:|
| • Built-in Oven
|Wine Chiller||2 + 6 (Compressor) Years|
|• Exhaust Fan, Floor Fan, High-Velocity Fan, Industrial Fan, Metal Stand Fan, Power Fan, Slide Fan, Tower Fan||1 + 3 (motor) Years|
|• Inverter Fan, Stand Fan, Table Fan, Wall Fan||2 + 8 (motor) Years|
|• Air Cooler||2 Years|
|• Corner Fan, Ceiling Fan*||2 + 10 (motor) Years|
|• Auto Fan, USB Fan||1 Year (USB Fan - battery only)|
|• Portable Air Conditioner||1 + 5 (Compressor) Years|
|• Instant/Storage Water Heater||1 + 5 (Heating Element) Years|
|• Chest Freezer||1 + 5 (Compressor) Years|
|• Other Small Appliances (i.e. Airpot, Electric Kettle, Electric Oven, Induction Cooker, Rice Cooker, etc.)||1 Year|
Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase and expires at the end of the period indicated in the table above.
* - The warranty issued shall recommend the user to conduct a regular examination of the fan suspension system, at least once every two years
If Warranty Does Not Apply
Mayer reserves the right to impose charges for service on any product to which the warranty does not apply (in accordance with the terms and conditions herein), including in the event that the product is not defective or a defect is the result of any of the events which render the warranty inapplicable. The charges include but are not limited to transportation, labour, service fee, spare parts, and accessories costs.
- No email confirmation or notification will be sent to you when you have finished the warranty registration. You may check the status at the "My Warranties" tab in your account dashboard after completing the warranty registration.
- Mayer reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against you if you circulate, or induce someone to circulate via any medium, false allegations about Mayer, its products, and/or its warranty policies.