Recently added items
Click and Grow Purple Chili Pepper Plant Pods
Regular Price: $19.90
if ($productModel['short_details']): ?>
The fruits are 24,000shu (Scoville heat units) which is similar to cayenne type chili's.
Purple chili has very attractive white flowers with purple edges. Its fruits ripen from vivid purple to bright red. Fresh chili peppers, red, purple or green, are a rich source of vitamin-C. Chili's are also great sources of antioxidants like vitamin A, and flavonoids like beta carotene, alpha carotene, and many more.
Fresh homegrown Chili Peppers help the body cope with heat and pain, and increases sex drive. The plant prefers sunny spots, and though the peppers take time to fully ripen, its beautiful and delicious harvest is well worth the short wait. Don't forget to pollinate the blossoms for more fruits! Here's how to do it.endif; ?>
- Homegrown Chili Pepper is the perfect addition to many foods
- Growing chili's is 100% hassle-free with a Click & Grow indoor garden
- Chili peppers serve as a home pharmacy with many vitamins and minerals
- You'll get a garden-to-plate experience in your own kitchen
|Sprouts in||: 1 - 3 weeks|
|Full size in||: 8 - 12 weeks|
|Enjoy for||: 12 - 17 weeks|
- Purple Chili fruits have heat level of 24 000 on Scoville heat units
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79℉ (26℃).
- If multiple seeds germinate per pod, leave one seedling to grow per pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Do not not cut or prune your Purple Chili Pepper plant before fruiting- it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Purple Chili Pepper fruits ripen from white/purple to bright red approximately 14 weeks from planting.
- Warning! The leaves and seeds of the Purple Chili Pepper can be hot too. It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after touching the chili plant. It is also best to avoid rubbing your eyes or touching other tender body parts after handling any chilies.